Tip of the Week
In the run up to the festive season, food poisoning incidents increase significantly.
This year, with the spotlight on allergens we are also expecting a significant rise in allergen complaints.
Stringent due diligence is the way to protect your students and protect your school.
The essential daily kitchen due diligence records are:-
- Delivery Schedule – Record all your deliveries to demonstrate temperature, dates, packaging, labels were all checked
- Fridge and freezer temperatures twice daily
- Core cooking temperature of a selection of high risk protein foods daily
- Cooling times and temperatures of all high risk foods cooled – this is an essential record for your due diligence as cooling food safely is a high risk area
- Kitchen Cleaning & Daily Checks
- Allergen matrix is up to date and accurate
Ensure your kitchen procedures are in place, your staff are trained (including seasonal staff) and your kitchen paperwork is completed daily
Weekly Food Fact
Did you know that Mince Pies apparently hold special powers? According to tradition, you must make a wish when eating your first mince pie of the season!